Standardized testing can have many benefits but along with the benefits there comes some consequences as well. Every year in school you are required to take a standardized test or test. They can be really nerve racking and scary,not knowing how you will do or what will exactly be on the test. Standardized test have been a part of American education since the mis 1800s
- Can help your state and school faculty have a better understanding of what you know as an individual.
- Helps yourself know what you need to work on harder
- Shows you what you need help in
- An over view of what you should know (standard)
- doing something not sitting around
- gets the brain thinking
- can write down problems that you do not get and then address it to the teacher
- Everyone learns at different rate
- The test doesn't show you what the entire state knows and doesn't know because every school teaches differently
- puts kids down
- Makes a stressful environment for kids
- spending time doing test like these and not spending time doing projects that they would actually encounter in their real life
- doesn't get students ready for the 'real' world
- some teachers teach differently so understanding a problem could be challenging
Being a student that has been taking these test for about 11-12 years of my life I feel like they are a waste of time, because again we begin to compete. Competing is everywhere today because we are trained to do so. Standardize testing is testing that no student wants to take but, we have no choice. We do what our state tells us to and have no other choice. We can't say we don't want to take it. If you miss that day you have to make it up.
What do you think?
To read more about standardized testing and the pros and cons of it ; click here