I have a voice, are you ready to hear it, because i'm ready to share it.

Friday, October 5, 2012

TO THE FUTURE BELIEVE ME. IT MATTERS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO FINISH.

"How to we embrace change instead of running from change? " - John Seely Brown

When things don't work out the way people want them to, some people run, and some people stay, and try again.
 Im not here to run away from what can change. Notice the word CAN. We CAN change the way of learning, and this is what I am here for. I know that sometime in the future learning will change.
 There will be conflict with this, and ideas will be shut down and made to seem like they do not matter.
 But I choose to have my voice heard and it will be heard. Everyone has a voice, some do not choose to put it to its power.

When you go down, you get back up. If I fail I am not going to stay down, Im trying again and again. I am not going to stay down and wait for someone to comfort me. 

 We are all capable of doing most things by ourself. We have a world of technology that is open to most of us. USE IT. I would have never known that there was such a thing as a Passion Driven School, if I had never took Web 2.0 Foundations. (a class that we never use a piece of paper or pen, every things digital). We have a strict image of school drilled into our head. When I say think of a school, the first thing that will usually come to mind is the school we are in now. Strict bell schedule and sitting in class nearly half asleep. Boring lectures about nothing that really matters.

TRY
Is this to much to ask for? To try something new. Get out of our comfort zone, and try.
I'm not going to lie. Starting this PDS will be hard, and we probably will fail the first couple tries we take. This is why we need a group of people to start taking on this topic. To drive people to want to do this, explore different ways of learning. Encourage the different ways!
And this is what I am here to do.



RISE NOT FALL 
Now if we took a average school and turned it into a PDS than it probably wouldn't go so well. We need to test our thoughts, before we put them in stone. Start off with a group of 10-15 kids of all high school grade levels and intelligence levels, and in a school year see where those kids have gone, see what they have done, and accomplished. Now look at those Freshman, who are moving on to be sophomores, where are they now?


PROBLEMS WE FACE, WILL MAKE OUR POWER STRONGER.
As I think about starting a PDS I have questions being asked to me, and statements being made, like kids should be well rounded for going into their "adult hood". Yes I agree, but we can come up with ways to make this work, without being crucially graded. Every problem that comes up, we can try to come up with an answer that makes our thoughts and ideas stronger.



FAVORITISM 
Going through school I can tell you that some teachers grade using favoritism.
 You can write the best paper in the world, and that one teacher who doesn't like you will give you a terrible grade. But that guy or girl over there who wrote a half page paper with spelling errors gets a better grade than you. You begin to think, why? You can ask questions all you want but sometimes you do not get the answers and we have to deal with it.
  Passion Driven Learning has no time for favoritism, with no grading system and no credit requirements how could there be.


TO THE FUTURE BELIEVE ME. IT MATTERS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO FINISH. 

Heres to the future of learning, may the smallest voices of the world make the greatest impact.
                                               , may the students of the world make the greatest impacts.



No comments:

Post a Comment